making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 3 December 2012

Over!

The first day of AARE-APERA 2012 conference started early for me. By 8am, I was at the University of Sydney. The keynote address by Prof Berliner was really interesting and as always, he never fails to captivate everyone's attention and interest. :)
It was a long day for me as my presentation was the last session of the day, 4.30pm to 6pm. I arrived early at the seminar room EASR116 to upload my slides as well as to wait for the other presenters. I was also the session chair so I had to discuss with the other presenters how the session would run and how Q & A time would be managed. Other than the last presenter (also from NIE) who was late for 5 minutes and took extra 10 minutes for her 30 minutes presentation and Q&A, the session went well. My presentation went well and someone from the audience who attended, including Alex Yeung, Mary James told my PI the presentation went very well! Phew lol.
After the end of Conference Day 1, I had dinner with David and Ursula (two American professors whom I have known since CRPP Conference 2009) at Sky Phoenix, Westfield Sydney. The dinner was held to celebrate my success (getting my PhD) with them as they have always been very encouraging to me, to celebrate us having done our presentations and to catch up. :) The food was really good and the company was great!

No comments: