making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 18 December 2012

See You SOON, Azlina! :)

We had a farewell party for Azlina today. Azlina and I (together with Filzah and Han Jing) have been working together since 2009 over multiple projects. We have great rapport and we work really well together. We are the A-team! :) Over the years, we have also become friends. I have always thought we will all work together for a long time to come. I am truly blessed to have worked with such a great bunch of RAs. From the bottom of my heart, there is no better group of RAs/friends that I want to work with than them!
It is bitter-sweet to see Azlina go, even if it is to further her studies. It is never fun to watch a colleague and friend leave. :( But I am very happy for her that she has the opportunity and is going to further her studies at The University of Queensland, the best university in Australia!! I know because I graduated from UQ! LOL. :P
Azlina is like me, I mean we are both born under the same Chinese zodiac sign (she is much younger, of course! :P). So in many ways, we are alike, especially our temper (haha) and it is pretty cool to know someone who knows what you are feeling or going through. :P
Azlina, I am sure you already know all these but just let me say it again, you have been a great team member as well as having great initiative as an individual. I could always depend on you when I needed a 2nd in command. You also have a great sense of humour and you are a good listener too. :) That's why I go over so often to Filzah's and your cluster to vent about Banana, Eyes, etc., haha. :P I also enjoyed all our team's outings at Swensen's and our Earthquake! Lol. Maybe we should have another Earthquake before you leave for Brisbane next February. :) 
I will miss you, Azlina. Hopefully, when you return to Singapore, we can work together once more, with Filzah and Han Jing. That will be the best incentive/ encouragement for me to write a grant proposal for 2014 lol. :P  
Azlina, all the Best for your studies. I will see you SOON lol. Take care and keep in touch! :)

The A-team (from right): Filzah, Azlina, Han Jing (standing) and me

No comments: