making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 21 January 2013

Chinese or English?

I was searching for something in the English papers on Sunday. However, I could find no trace of the news! I swore I read it in the papers. While trying to recall if it was the Sunday papers or maybe papers from Saturday, I flipped through the Chinese papers. Lo and behold, the news I was looking for was in the Chinese papers! I was very surprised as I thought my Chinese has always been stronger and I would be inclined to remember better in Chinese. I realised I must have read the news which is in Chinese. My mind then translated it into English so that it could be filed and stored it away as English.
I have a question for people who are bilingual.
For those of you who are bilingual, which language do you remember your things (in your mind) in?

No comments: