making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 31 January 2013

Stung on the Nose!

What are the odds of getting stung on the nose by a bee? Well, it happened to Marieann! Don't ask me how she managed to "coax" a bee to land on her nose! 
She was stung by the bee on her way to school. Before seeing the teacher, she managed to extract the stinger and washed her nose. I guess that action of hers helped to reduce the "damage". The school called in the morning to inform us about the incident. However, we had missed the call but were left a message. I was worried, more about the possible allergic reaction that a bee sting could bring... :( 
I managed to speak to the teacher in the afternoon. The teacher explained that Marieann was stung on the nose but Marieann decided that she could bear with the pain and decided to stay on in school, even for the after-school programme too. I didn't know whether Marieann was being brave, responsible or ... But I guess I have to praise her for her calmness and bravery. She was calm enough to extract the stinger and brave enough to bear with the pain and didn't cry. I am proud of her.
It was evident that she had been stung on the nose when she came home after school. She looked like Rudolph lol :P Other than the pain she felt, Marieann was able to tell me her observations made from her bee sting experience, e.g. the bee stinger gave off a strange smell, how the bee stinger looked like, ... I was thinking to myself, "Who, in their right mind and in pain, would still think of making observations?!" A friend replied, "A researcher's daughter, that's who." Haha. That is a good observation. :P
A big thank you to my friends and colleagues for your concerns for my daughter. Appreciate it! Sorry if I had been jumpy in the office in the morning because of this incident.

No comments: