making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Are You a Doctor?

Today, my counsellees behaved differently from the usual when they saw me. The below is the conversation with my first counsellee. 

1st counsellee: "Are you a doctor?"
Me: "Oh, yes. But how did you know?"
1st counsellee: "Ms so-and-so told me"
Me: "Oh, I see."
1st counsellee: "Can I see you when I am sick too?" 
Me: "Oh, no, NO! I am NOT a medical doctor but a PhD doctor."

The same conversation happened with the next few counsellees. Apparently, the teacher-in-charge updated the counsellees' counselling notification slip and has now put me down as "Dr xxxx" instead of "Mrs xxxx". I think one or two of them still don't understand why a PhD doctor is not a medical doctor even after explaining. Just hope they don't expect to see me turning up for future counselling sessions in a white lab coat and a stethoscope round my neck lol.

No comments: