making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 1 February 2013

Red Packets (Ang Pow/ Hong Bao/ 红包)

Every year, as it nears Chinese New Year (CNY), most Chinese, especially those who are married, would be trying amass red packets (ang pows, hong baos, 红包) for use during CNY. I am no different. There are two ways to obtain red packets: 1) red packets given by companies, banks, and malls to customers who buy their products or patronise their services, and 2) buy red packets. So far, I have been collecting the free red packets given by companies, banks and malls. I have yet to buy any red packets this year, namely because I haven't come across the shops that sell red packets yet. My mother commented that the (free) red packets I have obtained are ugly. :( Sigh. I still have a week to get my red packets. Hopefully, I can get some pretty ones...

No comments: