making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 16 February 2013

Staff Lunch & Awards 2013

Our organisation had its staff lunch and award presentation today at Orchard Hotel. This year's theme is "Happily Ever After... Fairytales and Enchanted Creatures". Lots of people dressed up as various fairytale characters but our colleagues and friends at our Table 16 didn't bother to dress up lol. Our table is right by the stage! All because I sent in our name list exactly 10 minutes later after I received the email for the staff lunch registration! Hahaha. Talk about being kiasu. :P
I must say this year's attendance is overwhelming. By 11.10am, the early bird gifts were all gone! The staff lunch started at 11am.. you go figure. :P As I was a little late this year, I partook in the photo taking which took me half an hour to line up for and also the tarot reading. The reading was disappointing because the reader skipped quite a few cards and he didn't do reverse reading. :( I could read tarot myself but I decided not to embarrass him by questioning him. I would have done a better job. Sigh. Wasted my time. I could have queued up for the caricature drawing instead! 
At 12 noon, the director gave his speech and followed by the award presentation of Long Service Awards, Excellence in Teaching Awards, and Excellence in Service Awards. Our dear friend and colleague, Dennis received two awards this afternoon - 10 years Long Service Award as well as the Excellence in Service Award!!! So happy for him. :) :)
Dennis receiving his 10 years Long Service Award from the Director
Acting cute while waiting his turn for the second award lol
Dennis receiving his Excellence in Service Award from the Director
At 1pm sharp, lunch started. It was buffet lunch and a few of the dishes were delicious. A lot of us went back for seconds and thirds lol. :P There were also table games and lucky draws in between lunch. The MC for this year is actually quite good and his jokes were cracking up us like nothing. :)
The staff lunch ended behind time but nobody minded. We were all enjoying ourselves. 
Dear Table 16 friends and colleagues, thanks for a wonderful time laughing and bonding. Next year, same table again, ok? Yes, I already have the name list ready for 2014's staff lunch! :P
The wonderful friends and colleagues at Table 16 :)

No comments: