making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 14 March 2013

The New Pope & Pope Emeritus

The new pope has been announced! He is Pope Francis I, formerly an Argentine cardinal. I wish Pope Francis all the best in his reign as the new head of a Roman Catholic Church.
 I never thought I would get to see the elections of two Popes so far. I remembered the election of the then Pope Benedict XVI in 2005 after the death of Pope John Paul II. I was especially excited about the election then in 2005 because of the novel, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown which took place mainly in Vatican City and a papal conclave was also held in the story. I really take my hat off to Pope (pope emeritus) Benedict XVI because rather than holding on to a position of immense power until death, he decided to resign from office due to his advance age, citing a "lack of strength of mind and body". Thus, giving others who are younger a chance to serve the church. That's nice of him. I wish Pope Benedict XVI the best of health. 

No comments: