making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 19 April 2013

Honours Day 2013

I was invited to my counselling school's Honours Day 2013 to receive an award - Partners Award. This is my 10th year counselling in the school. I was really excited to receive the Partners Award which celebrates the close partnership that I have with the school. When I started counselling in the school and stayed on all these years, I was not looking for any award. Seeing the smiles on my counsellees' faces and seeing my counsellees' growth is the most satisfying reward/ award I can ever receive! 
As the school's invited guest, I was ushered to the Conference Room for some refreshments before the start of the Honours Day at 4.30pm. By 4.30pm, we were seated at the school hall and the Honours Day began first with the Principal's address, the address by Guest-of-Honour, the presentation of academic prizes followed by a short concert. After the concert, it was the presentation of awards to staff and partners, followed by presentation of Colours Awards and the Mother Mathilde Award. The event closed at 7pm. All invited guests as well as the parents who came to support their children were invited to buffet dinner. 
I enjoyed myself immensely because I could interact with the teachers in a relaxing atmosphere, the buffet was good, and I managed to see some of my counsellees in a different situation other than during counselling. :)
Concert
Honours Day programme book, a souvenir bookmark and my table placecard
I didn't post the photos of my award but I will get to it soon. :)

No comments: