making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 7 June 2013

Day 2 in Taipei 2013

I certainly have a sense of being at home in Taipei. A lot of familiar things bringing smiles to my face. :)
Breakfast at Taipei Hero House was really value for money. It is mainly Taiwanese style, Chinese dishes and with soya bean milk, buns (mantou) and porridge. We didn't eat too much because we would be getting a treat for lunch lol.
After breakfast, we browsed at the 7-11 store in the hotel. There are so many different variety of drinks and food as compared to Singapore's 7-11 stores. It is so much more interesting here. :)
After breakfast, my mother's youngest sister brought her second daughter over for a "hello" as she couldn;t make it for dinner last night. It is really nice of them to take the trouble to do that. :)
We slowly made our way to our lunch venue. My mother's friend treated us at Jen Dow Vegetarian Restaurant. It is buffet style and it is a very popular restaurant! I love the desserts lol. Although it was vegetarian food, we felt really satisfied and full. :)
After lunch at 2pm, we took the MRT to Tamshui Old Street. We met another old friend of my mother's and she accompanied us to the Tamshui Old Street. There are many exciting shops at the Tamshui Old Street as well as food vendors selling interesting food. Unfortunately we didn't try any food as we were still trying to digest our lunch!
Our favourite Owl store :)
A temple along Tamshui Old Street

At 6pm, we made our way to our dinner venue. My uncle was giving us a treat and it was a special occasion too as his three out of four children happened to be in Taipei currently. We were shocked to find out it was buffet again! Our poor stomachs! :P There is a good mix of Western and Asian dishes.
An enormous oyster! A table spoon is placed next to it for comparison. I didn't dare to dare it.
After dinner, we went to my uncle' place for a short while. I chatted with my cousins as I last saw them many years ago, ranging from 12 years to 21 years ago lol. Plenty of laughter. We, the cousins, took pictures with one another and our children also took a photo together lol. :)
By the time we reached our hotel, it was past 10pm. With so much food in our stomach, none of us could sleep lol. :P

Updated 12:38am, 8 June 2013
We experienced earthquake tremors. An earthquake happened in Hualien on a scale of 6.2. Juliane was fast asleep so she didn't feel it. Marieann was playing on the iPad and she didn't feel it. I didn't know what was going on except wondering to myself why are the "Make up the room" sign rattling against the door and the cloth hangers banging together in the closet. Thought for a moment I have a visitor from the other realm haha. :P Only my mother was alert. She was in bed and she at once said we are experiencing an earthquake! What an end to the day.

No comments: