making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 8 June 2013

Day 3 in Taipei 2013

After a heavy breakfast, we set off to visit my mother's 2nd brother as it is his birthday today. We took the public transport - MRT and bus. We also visited my late grandmother's younger sister - my grandaunt and granduncle who stayed nearby my 2nd uncle. It was good catching up with family. :)
Breakfast with different dishes eveyday
The girls on board a Taipei bus
A usual choice of breakfast for Taiwanese
A typical traffic scene
Waiting for the bus
After visiting family, we took the public transport to the Zhongshan Metro Mall (I) (underground mall where the book stores are located) because Marieann wanted to look for Chinese comic book(s).
By the time we went for lunch, it was close to 2pm. We just went into one of those Japanese chain restaurants (self-service) for lunch. The food was quite delicious and value for money. Our set meals all came with the main dish, appetiser, kimchi, rice, chawamushi and free-flow of miso soup and ocha at a price of NT$180 each. :)
It was almost 4pm when we arrived back at our accommodation. We rested for close to 3 hours before Juliane and I ventured out to Ximending which is 5 minutes away. :) It was really crowded and we bought some souvenirs. As it happens, there is a craft market every weekend at the open space near The Red House. I was really happy to see a craft market. :) I would definitely bring Marieann back here tomorrow lol. :)
Drinks and cakes from local 7-11 store and bakery. I love juice milk, my childhood drink when I was in Taiwan during my younger days

No comments: