making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 14 June 2013

Day 9/ Last Day in Taipei 2013

We will be going home today. We woke up early, went to have our breakfast, went to 7-11 store and were back in our room by 9am. We did a final check with our luggage and lazed around watching TV until check-out time.
Won't be having a Chinese breakfast like this anytime soon
Lift lobby on the 6th floor
Lollies bought at 7-11 store :)
My mother's friend came to pick us up at 11am to meet with another group of friends for lunch and later, she would be taking us to the airport. On route to meet with my mother's friends, we passed by the Presidential Office, High Court, Ministry of Justice, etc., which are all within 10 minutes of Taipei Hero House. I only realised now that the area I have been staying in is very safe haha.
Side view of The Presidential Office
Front view of The Presidential Office
Some building that has something to do with Law or Justice
Lunch was at a local (Chinese) restaurant and the food was delicious. I didn't dare to ask my mother's friends to let me take the photos before we eat lol. We arrived at the airport close to 4.15pm. We were really early as check-in counters only opened at 5:25pm. It was a good thing that we arrived early. There was a weighing machine for luggage and out of curiosity, I weighed all our check-in and cabin luggage. I found that my mother's check-in luggage was 5 kg over the limit of 20kg. But our three cabin luggage still had space of 3kg each. On the spot, we repacked some of the items from my mother's check-in luggage into the cabin luggage. In the end, we had exactly 40kg for our two check-in luggage and our cabin luggage was close to 8-9kg each. :) By 5:10pm, we see people queuing up at the check-in counters although they were not opened yet. So we joined the queue. By 5:45pm, we were checked in. Before clearing the customs, we decided to have a light snack as on-flight dinner would only be served after 8:30pm. We had xiao long baos, siew mai and wanton.
By 6:50pm, we cleared customs and were on our way to our Gate. After settling down our cabin luggage at the Gate and with my mother to guard the luggage, the girls and I backtracked to the duty free gift shops we saw on the way as the girls wanted to do last minute shopping with whatever New Taiwan dollars they had left.
New walkway towards the Gates
Art pieces decorating the new walkway
Disney shop - the girls' favourite shop
Hello Kitty! Taiwanese love their kitty :)
Hello Kitty shop - the girls' new favourite shop
We boarded the plane at 7:25pm and we took off at 8:15pm (20 minutes behind schedule). We had the same main dish as on our flight to Taipei, Teriyaki chicken with rice. However, this time round, we were only offered water, coffee or peisi for both our cold and hot beverages. At first, I thought Jetstar only had these three drink items on board until I see them selling all the other drinks on the menu. I am honestly quite upset about this. I pre-purchased the hot meal with the drinks but yet I had less choice than the passengers who were paying on the spot. It was not as if I didn't pay and were getting free drinks. I also didn't see anywhere on their website that pre-purchased meals could only choose from a limited choice of drinks. I may think twice about taking Jetstar for longer than 2 hours so that I don't encounter this problem again.Will definitely be writing in my feedback to Jetstar.
Before departing
We were happily choosing our drinks before we knew of the limited choice we had :(
In the air. Bye bye, Taipei. See you again SOON! :)
We are both happy and sad to leave Taipei, Taiwan. We are happy because we are going home. I am sad because I was at home when I was in Taipei.The girls are sad because they will miss the food and the shopping of cute adorable things. :)

No comments: