making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 24 June 2013

End of an Era

It is Prof David H's last day at work and he will be returning to Australia tonight. A good friend/ colleague and I decided to surprise David by sending him off at the airport in the evening. The other RAs heard and decided to do the same. 
I will never forget David's look of surprise when he saw us at the airport! Lol. The other RAs arrived later, surprising him further. We chatted for a while before sending him off at 6pm. 
David and I started at the same time at our research centre, back in July 2004. It has been nine long years. :) I have learnt a lot from David and I am grateful to him for recognising my potential and giving me all the opportunities to manage his research project. :) With David returning to Australia, it will never be quite the same again. With David's departure, it is the end of an era for the research centre.
From left to right: Dennis, me, David and Melvin. We are the last of Core 1 team.

No comments: