making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Celebration + Gathering

Today, a bunch of us threw a mini-party for a good friend/ colleagues of ours, Dennis to celebrate his submission of his PhD thesis for examination! Aileen and I discussed the idea about two weeks ago and once I managed to lock our VIP down to a date on the pretext of an important lunch meeting, we moved into action. Aileen bought the food while I contacted our friends/ colleagues about the celebration+gathering.
It was funny when our VIP came to look for me about the "lunch meeting" before the appointed time. As our friends/ colleagues were still arriving from their various offices, I had to send him to wait in his car first. It was a wonder that it didn't occur to him that we were up to something when he met a few of our friends/ colleagues who never normally appear at our office, on the way to his car. Lol. Once we were ready, I sent him a text message on the pretext that I needed his IT expertise urgently at the small meeting room. 
As Dennis opened the door, we shouted "Surprise!". He was really SURPRISED! Haha.
"What's this?"
"HUH??!!"
"Oh, I see. Hahaha"
Red velvet cake - Congrats 7 years!
"I did it!"
Aileen, Dennis and I
Christine and Dennis
Sharm and Dennis
Mardiana and Dennis
It was a great celebration with lots of good and healthy food and great company. Most of us have been at our organisation since 2004/ 2005 and have worked together at one point of time or another so there were lots of laughter and reminiscing of old times. :) As we were too engrossed in talking and eating, we forgot to take a group photo and also of colleagues who had to leave earlier for meetings and lessons.
Well done, Dennis for the submission of your thesis. We are all really, REALLY HAPPY for you!! The next celebration is your shout! Lol. :P

No comments: