making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 30 August 2013

Relieved but No Relief

As part of our project closure, our research team has to present to the research office's senior management and MOE the findings from our project. It is a high stakes presentation. Initially, it was thought that I would present with my PI present to answer the questions. However, my PI had to return home to Brisbane due to an urgent family matter last night. No choice, I had to present on my own. :( There were a couple of questions, e.g. why did you choose to ...? But thank goodness, our MOE advisor who was present at the presentation, answered some of questions. :) It was really nice of him to help out a junior research staff. I thanked him profusely after the presentation but he brushed it off saying he should be answering those questions as I wasn't involved in making those decisions.
According to colleagues who were there to support me, I was steady during my presentation lol. Actually, I am like a duck, all calm on the surface but the mad paddling under the water, in this case, the mad panicking inside haha. :P 
I am relieved that it is over for this project but somehow, there is no relief yet. Because there is still a follow-up to this project that I have to attend to. There's no end to work, one thing cleared, another comes along. Sigh.

No comments: