making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 8 August 2013

Sad News

I heard from my mother in the afternoon that my eldest uncle-in-law (maternal) passed away in the morning in Taipei, Taiwan. I was much saddened to hear about his passing. 
My uncle was a stern man but he was always very nice to us, nieces and nephews. I recall when I was young, we would stay at his place whenever we go back to Taipei. During my visit to Taipei in 2010 with my girls, my uncle-in-law threw a huge feast for us because it was my girls' first visit and my return visit after 18 years. He didn't need to do that but he did because he said we are family. I am really glad that we saw him during our recent June trip to Taipei. Although he was already unwell then and in hospital, he was very happy to see us. Although we know he has been ill, it is still hard to know that I will never see my uncle again.
Rest in peace, Uncle.   

No comments: