making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 12 August 2013

Singapore's Third Series Coins

Singapore's Third Series Coins are released this year on 25 June 2013. I finally managed to collect all the new coins. The new coin designs feature national icons and landmarks such as the Merlion ($1 coin), the Port of Singapore (50 cents coin),  the Changi Airport (20 cents coin), the Public Housing (10 cents coin) and the Esplanade (5 cents coin) and all the new coins have a common unifying symbol of the lion head.
It is going to take me quite a while to get used to the new coins. I still prefer the First Series Coins (Marine series) and the Second Series Coins (Floral series) because I personally feel that they represent Singapore a lot better. The flora and marine creatures mean energy and life, much better than the buildings featured on the Third Series coins. Just my two cents worth. No pun intended! Haha. :P  

No comments: