making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 19 September 2013

Farewell, BC

Today, my friend's cat, BC passed away at 3:45pm. It is an auspicious day to leave for a better place as it is also the 15th day of the 8th lunar month, Mid Autumn Festival. The Chinese believe that only those with very good karma will leave for a better place either on the 1st or the 15th day of each lunar month. For that, I am very glad that BC left today. However, that fact alone couldn't take away the pain and grief I felt upon BC's passing. I still feel the pain and grief now.
Some would be puzzled as to why would I feel so deeply about BC, my friend's cat when I am not even his owner. I called BC my part-time cat because when his owner went away for holidays, ranging from a few days to 3 weeks, I would be taking care of BC. I would give him his medicine twice a day, feed him, change his water daily, clear his litter box twice a day, play with him and keep BC company. Most importantly, I gave BC my love and attention. BC, I am most honoured, returned the love and attention.
I am very glad that I managed to say my farewell to BC today. I was there with BC during his last moments, whispering in his ears that he has no need to worry about us, it is ok for him to go and I send my love with him to the next world. It is heart-wrenching to see BC whom I loved (and who loved me back) leave this world but I take heart that BC is now in a better place, in a England Hyde Park-like Cat Paradise chasing birds and sniffing the flowers under a blue sky dotted with candy floss like clouds and a warm sun.
Go with love and happiness, BC. Take care. 

No comments: