making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 8 September 2013

Lightning & Thunder!

At 3am or so, there was a heavy thunderstorm with loud booming thunder and bright as day lightning. Marieann woke up and she has never been one who is comfortable with lightning and thunder. In the end, the three of us - mother and daughters slept together on the bed with me squashed in between the two girls and the girls each held one of my hands as they slept lol. 
I felt warm inside when the three of us lay in bed and they were holding my hand. It was like returning to their younger days when they would look to me for protection or to soothe their fears. It has been a long while since they regarded me as their protector, other than their enforcer, the one who is always telling them to do homework and to study. More thunderstorms, please?! LOL :P 

No comments: