making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 11 September 2013

September 11 2001

I still remember very vividly September 11, 2001. I was expecting Marieann then and was just relaxing at home when I saw this scene of two airplane flying into the Twin Towers in New York City on the television. I recalled asking myself which action movie was that... I was in total shock when I realised that it was not a movie, the attacks were real, they were terrorist attacks!
After the September 11 attacks, the world I knew changed. Security became tighter everywhere, especially at airports. New anti-terrorism acts and legislation came into place in numerous countries. Tension increased in countries between Muslims and non-Muslims. Suddenly, no one could take their security for granted anymore... Total Defence, suddenly, made more sense and took on a new meaning for me.
With the events of September 11 2001 in mind, I wish for peace and tolerance in the world.

No comments: