making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Thursday 5 September 2013

Teachers' Day Presents

The girls asked me for advice on what teachers like as Teachers' Day presents. Based on my personal experience as a teacher, I love things that are practical and meaningful. I told them I loved receiving red pens and I also loved receiving hand-made stuff, like cards, etc. That's exactly what they prepared as presents for their teachers. A pair of red pens and a hand-made card for each of their teachers! Lol. :)
PS. I also informed the girls that if the present a teacher received is above a particular value, he/she has to either return the present or declare to MOE (and MOE will decide what's to be done with the present). Otherwise, he/she might be perceived as receiving bribes because teachers are civil servants. So it's better to spare their teachers the extra paper works. This is little known to parents and students but known to all teachers and civil servants.   

No comments: