making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 25 October 2013

Celebration of "Memories"

After work, I met up with a friend to celebrate my birthday in advance. :) Being nostalgic, I decided to go to a place which held some of my childhood memories, Shashlik Restaurant! A side-effect of growing older haha. :P
For a restaurant that has been around for over 40 years, I am surprised to see quite a number of youngsters at the restaurant lol. Thought only oldies like me would go to Shashlik. :P By 7:30pm, the whole restaurant was almost full. 
I loved the soft bun with lots of butter and with my Fresh Oyster soup ($7). :) If you are not a fan of oysters, I would suggest you try some other soup. Like my friend who tried the Borshch which she claimed was good. I didn't try because it was made from beef stock.
Borshch with sour cream and Fresh Oyster Soup
Being my birthday (or soon it will be lol), I went for the Lobster a la Russe ($45, grilled lobster with cheese) while my friend tried Steak a la Russe ($26). Although my lobster looked rather plain, it was tasty and the lobster was cooked just right. :)
The highlight of the dinner was the dessert, Baked Alaska. It was a special treat when I was a child. It still is a special treat when I am now an adult! I don't believe that I still get all excited seeing the blue flames when the waitress poured rum over the ice cream cake and lit it up lol. :P
Blue flames all over the Bake Alaska
The memorable evening passed really quickly - Talking about old days in a restaurant from another era and enjoying delicious comfort food and fabulous dessert. :)

No comments: