making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 5 October 2013

Good Food@Symmetry

It has been a while since I last met up with my friend over a meal. We went to Symmetry for dinner. 
My first impression of the place is it's loud and noisy, and very dim. I thought it is probably more popular for its hip factor than its food. I was so wrong! Lol.
We ordered Pork Belly ($32) with mustard mashed, Chicken ($28) with asparagus and truffle mashed, and a Passionfruit Texture & Flavour ($16) - passionfruit ice cream, pearls, coulis, lemongrass jelly and sable breton. 
The Dinner Menu
Pork Belly with mustard mashed
Chicken with truffle mashed
Different textures of Passionfruit
Both our pork belly and chicken are tender and juicy. The crust of my friend's pork belly is crispy, and went well with the pork which literally melts in the mouth. :) I couldn't decide which mashed I like better, mustard or truffle. In the end, both mashed won. :) Although the dessert sounded simple, made only of a single flavour - passionfruit. It is definitely not a simple dish. There are many different textures - ice cream, jelly, butter cookie,.. It is a gem! 
I apologise to Symmetry for my initial impression. I now know that it is popular, not just for its hip factor, but for its food as well! I would love to come back to try out its other dishes and desserts! :)

No comments: