making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 11 October 2013

My First Experience

of having a North Indian meal. Through conversation, a colleague realised that I have never tried Indian food due to my inability to take spicy food. My colleague decided to introduce me to North Indian cuisine which is less spicy than South Indian cuisine. 
What an experience it was for me. :) It was pretty surreal looking at the Indian food on the table! I would never have imagined myself eating Indian food. :P I was introduced to Paneer Palak (cottage cheese and spinach paste cooked in herbs and spices), Aloo Gobhi (potato and cauliflower), Butter Chicken, Garlic Naan and Basmati Rice. 
I really enjoyed the spinach and the butter chicken [which were NOT spicy! :)] with the naan and rice. The potato and cauliflower was delicious too but quite spicy. :P Now I know what dishes to order if I ever have North Indian cuisine again. :)

No comments: