making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 25 November 2013

Brisbane Work Day 1

Juliane and I managed to catch some shut-eye as we could sleep quite comfortably as we shared three seat space between the two of us. :) Around 3am, we were woken up for our breakfast. 
The sun was rising as we neared Brisbane. It was a lovely sunrise. :)
Kid's breakfast in the foreground, Diabetic breakfast in the background
The rising sun
Lovely cotton-candy like clouds
We see Brisbane!
Landed in Brisbane :)
My former colleague and good friend, Azlina was at the airport to greet us even though I have told her to stay home to sleep and we could find our way to her place! But it was fun as we took the public transport to her place at Taringa. I will never forget the 45 degrees slope we had to walk up lugging all the luggage. Juliane and I were practically struggling to get up to the top of the hill! It was a pretty hilarious sight for those who saw us. :D
At the International Train Station, just next to Brisbane International Airport
Someone trying to stay awake lol
Before we headed over to my St Lucia apartment, we stopped at Toowong because there was an issue with the Telstra pre-paid mobile that I bought. It was down to work immediately when we arrived at my St Lucia apartment. First to survey which items to be packed, which items to give away and which items to throw. It was no easy feat! :( Everything in the apartment has been a huge part of my life when I was in Brisbane. They felt like family. Sigh. 
We had lunch at Nando's just on Mitre Street. After lunch, we continued packing. It was a good day's work of packing, from 10am till 6pm.
Stuff that my mother wants me to bring back - mostly kitchen ware and bed linen

No comments: