making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 29 January 2014

The Dispensary @ Tiong Bahru

I finally visited The Dispensary today with a friend. In its former life, it was an abandoned Chinese medical hall which has been revived and transformed into a cafe, now known as The Dispensary. My late paternal grandfather used to own a Chinese medical hall so it is really wonderful to see the owners retaining the old Chinese medicine cabinets as it is a fond reminder of my childhood. There are also many items on display that serve to show a glimpse of life in the 50s, 60s and 70s. :) It was kind of a little travel back in time. I didn't get to see upstairs as it was closed. Hopefully, I can see it at the next visit.
I didn't get to try out the cupcakes as I have hoped as there weren't any. :( Perhaps next visit, I will have better luck. :) Instead, I just had a Babycino while my friend tried a Ham & Cheese toastie and a latte.
I love The Dispensary's vintage decor which gives the cafe an idle and nostalgic air - perfect in getting me to slow down and take it easy for the time I spent at The Dispensary. :)

No comments: