making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Sunday 9 February 2014

SCGS CNY Gathering 2014

The long-awaited SCGS CNY gathering is finally here. Yes, I waited two years for the gathering as I missed the one in 2013 due to the clash with my organisation's staff lunch. 
Mee Siam, I missed you so much. Kueh Pie Tee, I missed you too. Both cooked by Karen, most delicious! Not to mention this year, there was pork ribs curry cooked by Hsiao's husband! The curry was mild as he toned it down. :) It went really well with the basmati rice. The fish cutlets (made by Hsiao) and brownies (made by Hsiao and her elder boy) were yummy! :) The dark chocolate ice cream and lemongrass ice cream (made by Steph's husband) were fantastic! :)
Oh yes, I missed my SCGS friends too. :) Somehow over 2013, I had been too busy to catch up after having missed the CNY gathering. I have forgotten how much my throat would be sore after all the laughing and talking at our CNY gathering.
This year I forgot to take photos of the food, being hungry and all when I arrived at 1+pm lol. Intended to take photos of the mee siam, chicken wings, kueh pie tee and brownies which I packed home for dinner but again, I forgot in the haste to eat the yummy food. :P

No comments: