making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 22 February 2014

Staff Lunch 2014

Today is our organisation's annual staff lunch, 11am-3pm, Mandarin Orchard Hotel. This year's theme is Travel Around the World. The organising committee was dressed as stewardesses and pilots. It was kind of cool. :) Some of the tables were dressed in national costumes of the country which they have selected to represent. It was a riot of colours. 
As usual, I arrived early (perks of staying just at the edge of the city), just 10 minutes before 11am and immediately qualify for the early bird gift - a SIGG water bottle. Not bad at all lol. :) I took a couple of photos with colleagues and friends while waiting for the ballroom to open.
Photo with colleagues (me in cheongsum :P)
My table 22 was right near the stage and right next to the VIP table (consisting of all the deans and director) - the result of me submitting the names of our table in early, actually within an hour when registration started! :P 
My lucky Table 22
Photo with colleagues
The usual speech given by the director, then followed by the award ceremony. After that, buffet lunch commenced at 1pm. The real exciting event was of course the lucky draw lol. Our table consists of 10 people. However, only 4 of us were present - 1 had resigned, 1 had just given birth (ahead of time), 1 was recovering from illness, 1 had family emergency, and 2 couldn't make it (forgot their reasons). Guess what, 60% of my table won a prize (and half of them weren't at the staff lunch lol)! How lucky is that?! :P Oh, I didn't win a prize this year. Apparently I have used up my luck when I won the 2nd prize (a 41" LCD TV) a couple of years back. So I am accumulating my luck again haha. :P
Our director, Prof Lee giving his last speech to NIE family as he is stepping down in June 2014
My colleagues and friends, together since 2004/2005
Photo with Prof Lee
The staff lunch ended right on time and I took a couple more photos with colleagues. There were 64 tables so it was hard to look for colleagues and friends. :P

No comments: