making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 8 February 2014

"We" have arrived!

My boxes from my Brisbane home were delivered to my Singapore home today at 1pm. From collection of boxes in Brisbane on 28 November to shipment on 23 December to arrival in Singapore port for goods examination on 14 January to delivery to my home on 8 February, it only took 72 days. I deemed that's pretty quick, thought I would only receive my boxes in March. :) I would definitely recommend Seven Seas Worldwide to those who intend to ship back their belongings, excess baggage, etc. from overseas. Seven Seas Worldwide is efficient, professional and very reasonable in their pricing! :) If I ever have to ship anything from overseas back to Singapore again, I will definitely use Seven Seas Worldwide.
I was very excited to see my boxes again. They contained my personal effects from my Brisbane years. They are meaningful and have plenty of sentimental value to me. As I unpacked the boxes, memories came rushing back about my years in Brisbane. If I thought packing was emotionally difficult, unpacking was equally hard. :( I am really glad for my friend, Azlina who helped me with the packing of the boxes in Brisbane in November 2013. She helped to focus my attention on packing and it made the whole packing process less painful. Every now and then, I would pause to reminiscence as I unwrapped the items. Such wonderful memories of Brisbane, of UQ, of my life experiences. It is sad that my life in Brisbane has ended but I take heart that the memories of my life in Brisbane will be stored in my heart and mind.

"I was assailed by memories of a life that wasn't mine anymore, but one in which I'd found the simplest and most lasting joys." Albert Camus

No comments: