making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Childhood Memories: Ouke no Monshou Manga (尼罗河的女儿 or 王家の紋章)

One of my precious childhood memories is reading manga. As I mentioned previously in my blog post, 
Manga, I started reading manga as a child when I visited Taiwan annually. Unfortunately I can only read manga in Taiwan as Singapore didn't have such manga books then. No matter how many manga I have read, I always remember the first manga series I ever read which was a rage then in Taiwan. Its Chinese translated name is 尼罗河的女儿 or 王家の紋章 or its Japanese name, Ouke no Monshou (English translated name, Daughter of the Nile). Every year I go back to Taiwan, I have to reread the series from start but I would never finish reading because by then there would have been additional volumes that came out during the year of absence. Actually, to date, I have NOT finish reading the Ouke no Monshou Manga series (尼罗河的女儿 or 王家の紋章)!
I managed to find Manga (尼罗河的女儿 or 王家の紋章) translated into English and hosted on some of the manga websites. :) However, I am now back to reading it in Chinese (on Chinese manga websites) as there were some missing chapters and volumes on the English websites. Reading it in Chinese definitely brings me back to my childhood with the exception that I can NOW read it openly in front of my mother without her scolding me about reading rubbish! Lol. She only rolled her eyes. :P
By the way, Ouke no Monshou (尼罗河的女儿) is still on-going!! After so many years lol. :P      

No comments: