making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 21 April 2014

Closure

During noon, I attended my friend's father's funeral service at the Mandai Crematorium. The funeral service was a beautiful one and it gave closure to many people. 
As I looked at my friend, I can't help but wonder what will I do if I am in his position. Although my parents have said that (touchwood!) if anything happens to them while overseas, please just cremate them. It is a lot easier to bring back the ashes and if I want to show my filial piety, it would have been while they are living and not when they are dead. Yes, that's my parents for you, very practical people. However, I may have closure but I am not sure if others would have closure if I do follow my parents' after death orders/ requests, namely my brother and his family who are in UK and the tons of friends they have in Singapore (and to a lesser extent, my parents' family who are in Taiwan and Malaysia).

No comments: