making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Obituary

Ok, show of hands, how many of you do read/ browse through the obituary section in the newspapers? Most people I know will not look at the obituary because of the taboo/ unluckiness link with death.
I know my parents do read the obituary, well most of people their age group do, because sometimes the obituary is the only way to find out what's happening with long-lost friends and business associates. 
I read the obituary too. Actually I have been doing that since I was 13 years old. I used to read the obituary section on my birthday because I like to know who have passed onto the next life on my birthday. I know some, if not most, would say it is a morbid ritual to have on one's birthday lol. However, as I grew older, I start to look at the obituary section on a daily basis not just on my birthday. As my parents have said, sometimes it is the best way of keeping in contact with long-lost friends and you can still be in time to pay your last respects. For that reason, I shall continue to read the obituary section everyday. 

No comments: