making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Letting Go

Marieann went to Universal Studio Singapore with a couple of her classmates today. What's so different is that there was no adult supervision and the girls are there on their own! I was initially uncomfortable and worrisome about the girls being at USS on their own. A lot of "What ifs" went through my mind the night before... :S
Finally I realised that Marieann is growing up and this is a good opportunity for her to learn some responsibility but to do that, I needed to let go first. I allowed her to go with her five classmates to USS on the condition that she would return my call(s) or message(s), should I try to contact her. She did something better. She updated me on what she was doing at USS at regular intervals, it didn't matter even if her message was "I am going on a ride, dont call" lol! :)
My girl is growing up! :)

No comments: