making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 14 October 2014

LINE Hacked

My student's LINE account was hacked! 
I received a message from "her" last Saturday asking for a favour. When I first received it, I thought it was rather strange as my student didn't address me at all and my students are never rude to me! The second alarm bell was when "she" asked me to help her buy 3x$100 iTune cards and "she" wanted me to send "her" the pics of the pin numbers on the cards! I was like what?! The third alarm bell was when I asked how "she" was going to pay me, "she" couldn't give me a straight answer. I decided to call my student. 
The first thing I heard my student say was "Ms Wong, it is NOT me! My LINE account has been hacked!". Lol. Ok, everything made sense now. :) I hope my student managed to get the hacker. 
Now I wonder if I should delete my LINE account as I set up only to communicate with my mother when she is overseas. 

No comments: