making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Monday 27 October 2014

My Birthday Celebration III

The final part of my long weekend birthday celebration! Over the weekend, I celebrated with my family. Today, I celebrated with myself. I took leave so that I could spent some "me" time to reflect about the past one year as well as on what I hope to achieve in the next one year, being one year more mature now lol. :) For the past month, I have been focussed on the girls because of their exams. Today it is just going to be about me for myself. :) :) 
I started the day with a healthy birthday breakfast - Yoghurt Cup at Hoopla Coffee and Kitchen. I was at Hoopla more than six months ago. I like the cafe for its quirkiness, its brightness, its spaciousness, and not to forget, its quietness too. Perfect place for self-reflection. :) 
27 October - my special day! :)
Once the mind has been satisfied, a nice relaxing massage followed for the body at Vivo City. It has been years since I last had a massage! It definitely eased the tensions in my shoulders, back and neck. :) Birthday lunch was at the nearby Prive Cafe, Keppel Bay - Eggs Benedict, Babyccino and my slice of unusual birthday cake - Japanese purple sweet potato and miso chiffon cake with miso caramel! 
Not appealing visually but the chiffon cake kick a power punch!
After lunch, it was time for exercise - window shopping at Bugis lol. :P But I ended up spending the most time at the stationery and gift shop, NBC. :) My birthday dinner was nearby at Stuttgart Blackforest Boutique S-Cafe. I have seen reviews of this cafe and decided to try it out. Being a German restaurant, I of course had to try its Single portion Pork knuckle, sauerkraut and potato salad. Although it was a single portion, I struggled to finish the food on my plate. :P No matter how full I was, there is always room for dessert - my second slice of birthday cake for the day - Blackforest cake. :) I could not leave without trying what is dubbed the best Blackforest cake in Singapore! :P
The finale of my eventful long weekend birthday celebration - cake-cutting with my lovely daughters, Marieann and Juliane. 
I have had plenty of time for reflection in between eating lol. I shall strive to be a better person for my daughters who are my inspiration and motivation. :)

No comments: