making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Shuttered In!

I was having a drink at one of those chain coffee shops in a heartland mall near my counselling school when suddenly a loud blaring alarm sounded and then the shutters started to come down. At first I was still oblivious to what was happening until I saw people rushing out of the coffee shop before the shutters came down completely. I was too slow to do anything except to finish my drink lol. After a while, the public announcement reported that it was a false alarm and apologised for the inconvenience caused. But we remained shuttered in. Thank goodness, there is a side exit where we could leave the coffee shop lol. As I walked out, I saw many plates of food half eaten. It must have been left by those people who were spooked by the shutters coming down. Actually come to think of it, it is scary to be shuttered in especially in a fire. :S

No comments: