making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 19 December 2014

Gotten First Choice!

At 6:10am, I received an SMS from Ministry of Education informing me that Marieann has been posted to St Margaret's Secondary School. 
Yippe! Marieann has been posted to her first choice secondary school! :)
I know some people will be having this question in their minds, "Why isn't Marieann going back to SCGS"? Well, she didn't qualify to go back with SCGS's cut-off of 220 for old girls. She qualified for Express/ Normal Academic. Being her first educator and an educational researcher, I made a choice which some people didn't agree with, including my husband who thought I was dumbing down my own child. I would rather she learn at a comfortable pace and excel than to be forever struggling to catch up.
I hope you will not look down on or think lesser of my child as every child has different learning needs and pace. I was also only an average student back in school and I still get an occasional remark from old classmates, "I would never have thought of you as someone who would get a PhD".
A big thank you to my many friends and ex-students who thought and agreed that I have made the right choice for my daughter! Thank you for your words of encouragement and support. It means a lot to Marieann and me! :)

PS. I will be sleeping very well tonight! :) Last night has been horrible, could hardly sleep a wink due to my anxiety. 

No comments: