making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Repaired

Our land line is finally repaired after four days. Apparently, LTA punched/ cut the some underground phone cables on Saturday while working on the new Downtown line near Botanic Gardens. The land lines in Gleneagles Hospital/ Medical Centre were all affected as well which Singtel restored their services by Saturday evening. However, Singtel did not realise that a lot more land lines were affected including the surrounding estates like ours around Botantic Gardens. The "funny" thing was Singtel mentioned that I would be billed for the repair to my land line! I blew my top and refused to pay for something which was not due to my fault. I called the LTA in-charge and told them about my land line issue. LTA said they would check on it. 
Singtel didn't ask me to pay. I presumed that LTA has worked something out with Singtel. However, I will be checking my next Singtel bill very carefully.

No comments: