making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Dual Roles

I think for the first time, the teachers in my counselling school were a little confused over my role haha. 
I did my counselling with the students in the morning. Once my counselling ended, I joined my NIE colleague who was facilitating a focus group discussion with teachers. 
It was funny to see the look on the teachers' faces when I appeared at the discussion venue. They were probably thinking, "What is the counsellor doing here?". I had to explain that I am also a researcher from NIE, besides being a counsellor in their school. :)
A lot of the staff, other than the school leaders and middle managers, don't realise that I have dual roles because I am passionate about both work and I couldn't let go of one or the other. 
I am both a counsellor as well as a researcher. :) 

No comments: