making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Science Alive

In my household, we often find little containers lying around. We know better to throw them away and we know better than to just open them blindly. Those are Marieann's containers. More often than not, if you look carefully into the containers, there is something alive in it - a wasp, an ant, a grasshopper, a spider, a millipede, a worm, .... She likes to observe them, how they move, how they eat, ... She usually releases the insects after she is done with her observations.
I am really happy that I have a daughter who is not squeamish about handling creepy crawlies. (Actually she is too comfortable handling them lol.) I am really glad that she likes science. 
PS. However, it freaked me out when I saw the latest occupant in one of her containers - a spider. I hate spiders.

No comments: