making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 16 June 2015

Seoul Trip 2015 Day 4 Part 2

After we were refreshed from our afternoon rest, we decided to venture out for the first time in the evening for our night adventure. :) We took the subway to Gyeongbokgong Station and walked to Gwanghwamun Gate. The weather was nice and cool, a nice respite from the daytime heat. We took quite a number of photos of Gwanghwamun Gate as the evening light made it looked impressive.
Artwork at Gyeongbokgong Station
Why did we take photos with this structure?
Here is why! We will never be old! :P
Gwanghwamun Gate in the evening light
Love the colours and designs of the roof
A Haetae (a mythical unicorn-lion which protects palaces from fire)
and Bugaksan Mountains in the background 
Gwanghwamun Gate as seen from Gwanghwamun Square
We proceeded on to Gwanghwamun Square as we were fast losing the evening light and I could be quite blind at night haha. We saw the statues of King Sejong the Great and Admiral Yi Sun-shin. The lights illuminating the statues really made them look larger than life.
Just after the Square, it is Cheonggye Plaza which is the start of Cheonggyecheon (stream). Walking by the stream seemed the evening even more cooling. We had lots of fun trying to use the selfie stick lol.
Cheonggye Plaza
Lightshow at the start of Cheonggyecheon Stream
Cheonggyecheon wishing well
We exited from the stream at one of the stairs and to our surprise, we found the Avenue of Youth. Ok, we don't mind being young haha. We have passed under the Bullomun to maintain ageless so walking along the Avenue of Youth may add to that agelessness. :P Finally, we tried out street food. :) I rather enjoyed it, standing and eating by the stores like locals lol.

After our food adventure, we walked around a bit. It was then I realised that there are quite a number of bars around and some drunks! Oops! Did I accidentally bring Juliane to the bar area?! :P I also realised by then that we were lost, or rather I was lost. Despite being lost, we decided to check out Artbox first haha. The saleslady at Artbox was really nice when I asked her for directions. I initially wanted to go to a particular station to take the subway to Insadong. Upon looking at my map, she pointed out that I was actually a lot closer to Insadong, which was within walking distance! Oops, I really led us astray haha. The nice lady drew a map for me to follow to get back to Insadong. :)
I played something similar in Taiwan when I was young
Starbucks! :)
Our gains from souvenir shop at N Seoul Tower and Artbox
We finally made it back home close to 10:30pm. It has been a really adventurous night. :) Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day. :)

No comments: