making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 20 June 2015

Seoul Trip 2015 Day 8

I woke up at 7:30am to a cold and extremely cloudy morning. The mountains in the background couldn't be seen. It didn't look good, rain might be inevitable. :( By 9:30am, it started raining heavily with thunder. :( :( It's our day in Seoul, why did it have to rain?! 
We spent the whole morning watching Korean period drama, which is unusual for me while on holiday! It was still raining away with thunder. It seemed to be a whole week's worth of rain that didn't happen throughout the week all accumulated to today. Oh well, every cloud has a silver lining (pun intended lol!), the rain gave me some time to refine on my whole school workshop presentation next week when I return. :)
We were hungry so had to venture out in the heavy rain to our backyard, Insadong for lunch. We had dumplings at this small restaurant, packed full of Koreans. The dumplings were delicious! Went well with Jeju Hoji tea latte from Starbucks! :) 
The dumpling chef who sportingly smiled for my photo
After lunch, we headed back to the apartment as the rain was still heavy. I have sank to a new low while on holiday! I found myself surfing through the 559 channels. I was watching a continuation of this morning's Korean period drama only to have Juliane telling me that it's a different drama! Have to get out of the apartment, rain or shine! 
At 3pm, we ventured out even though it was still raining. The temperature was only in the low 20s, nice and cool. We went to Shilla Duty Free Shop to help an family aunt buy her skin care products. We were lucky to catch the free Shilla Hotel/ DFS shuttle bus at Exit 5, Dongguk University Station. We bought the stuff, left Shilla DFS and arrived at Myeong-dong all within an hour. :) 
The Shilla Hotel and N Seoul Tower in the background
The free shuttle bus provided for people going to The Shilla and/ or Shilla DFS
I bought some additional souvenirs on stand-by in case I miss out some colleagues and friends. The rain has let up by then. We browsed around for a dinner place. Settled on School Food at M Plaza. I tried the Special Mari 2 (7,800won, fusion mari combination with cuttlefish ink, cuttlefish, flying fish roe, and spam! Juliane tried Grilled Pork with rice (10,300won, rice on sliced onions, grilled pork and potatoes). The food at School Food was delicious and the pricing was very reasonable. :) Wish we had discover this place earlier lol. :P 
After our early dinner, we went back to the Cat Cafe! It was pretty crowded due to the rain. We managed to find a table at 6:30pm. Not long after we sat at our table, guess who came along?! Cookie, the Siamese cat came and curled up right on my laps again! There is a cat who loves me! Lol. :) She didn't sleep on any other patrons' laps. Guess we have a connection. :)  
A cat loves me!
Photo-bombed by Juliane lol
Not the best place to sleep/ nap 
Byee, Cat Cafe
We didn't stay too long, leaving the cat cafe at 8pm as we have to pack our luggage.
We took a walk down Insadong before returning to our apartment as it was our last night in Seoul. 
Tile art at the Anguk station
Back at the apartment just before 9pm, and it was packing time. 
Rain has stopped. What a clear night. 
Can see the crescent moon and star
I think we managed to keep our luggage weight under 40kg. Darn, should have bought more haha.

No comments: