making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 1 August 2015

Botanical Inspirations: Orchids of Singapore Botanic Gardens & Their Heritage

I finally took some time out to visit Botanical Inspirations: Orchids of Singapore Botanic Gardens & Their Heritage at Singapore Botanic Gardens (SBG). Since SBG obtained its UNESCO World Heritage site status, I haven't had the chance to visit it even though it is a 3 minutes journey from my front door to the entrance of SBG. :P 
Botanical Inspirations spans across two exhibitions: Orchids of Singapore Botanic Gardens & Their Heritage and Tropical Splendour - Plant portraits from Shirley Sherwood Contemporary collection. I am really happy that I took time to visit the exhibitions. The orchids are really beautiful and the portraits are life-like. 
Orchids named after VIPs and celebrities
Orchids named after the late Dr Goh Keng Swee and Mr Lee Kuan Yew
Singapore National Flower - Vanda Miss Joaquim
I should really take advantage of the SBG being in my backyard and visit it more often.

No comments: