making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Saturday 26 December 2015

Boxing Day "Spring" Cleaning

Once the cleaning bug bits you, you can't stop cleaning lol. It's Boxing Day (not that I have much to do anyway) and I continued with my "spring" cleaning. Today's target is my book cupboard. I started in the late morning and didn't finish until 9:30pm! You would think that one cupboard is easy peasy. Oh I was so wrong. I am either a hoarder or I am just sentimental. I kept lots of things in that cupboard from my SCGS-NJC student days until my MOE HQ working days (spanning from 1984 to 2003). All totally forgotten until today! 
I was in ELDDS in NJC lol
Assignments and course notes from UQ and NIE
My beloved Battlestar Galactica books and comics!! KEEPING! :)
I realised today that I have lots of memories hidden away in the cupboard from my SCGS-NJC days, my UQ days, my NIE PGDE days, my NIE MA(Applied Psy) days, my teaching days, my MOE HQ days - lecture notes, assignments, photos, meeting notes, etc. Amidst the taking out of books, files, notes, etc, the cleaning and the re-organising (including deciding what to throw and what to keep), I was also reminiscing and sharing my fond memories on Facebook haha.  
In the end, I had to harden my heart and threw out all my lecture notes (if I haven't look at them in the last 10-15 years, I probably won't look at them in the near future). Now my cupboard looks a little better, not so crammed. :)

No comments: