making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Credit Card Fraud

I experienced my first ever credit card fraud and it is the most UNPLEASANT experience. :(
UOB called me this morning to inquire if I have made three transaction of close to USD$2000 on my credit card to which I replied negatively. The UOB rep told me my credit card has been used fraudulently and the charges have been blocked and my credit card cancelled. A new credit card will be issued and send to me within the week. 
A word of advice to those who permanently have their credit card magnet stripe enabled: Please deactivate/ disable the magnetic stripe for overseas use if you are in Singapore. 
I am really glad that from this year on, I started doing this - only enable the magnetic stripe for overseas use when I go overseas. It used to be enabled permanently. If I haven't changed my habit, I would have ended up paying for those fraudulent charges.

No comments: