making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Friday 9 December 2016

Japan Trip 2016: Day 8 Part 1 9 Dec 2016 Fri - Nozomi 317, Tokaido Shinkansen & ibis Styles Kyoto Station

We bid farewell to Shinjuku Washington Hotel and Tokyo and left for Kyoto on the 10am Nozomi 317 at Shinagawa Station. We were very excited on our first ride on the bullet train and eating our bento lunches on the train. :) 
Juliane's Teriyaki Chicken bento lunch
My scallop bento lunch
I tried my best to take nice photos of the scenery as we travelled from Tokyo to Kyoto but the speed was just too fast haha. 
We arrived on time at Kyoto (as if we wouldn't :P). We easily located our hotel, ibis Styles Kyoto Station which is just opposite Kyoto Station. We were able to check in at once and our luggage which I sent a day earlier by Ta-Q-bin was already waiting for me at the hotel. :) 
The room was small so I was glad I only sent one luggage to Kyoto and kept the 2nd luggage at Shinjuku Washington Hotel luggage storage. The hotel is conveniently located across from Kyoto Station, breakfast is provided and there are also coin-operated washing machines. I am likely to stay here again for the conveniences.

No comments: