making it easier to keep in touch with family and friends

Tuesday 4 April 2017

NRP Symposium 2017

I was invited to be an independent assessor for a researach project at the Nanyang Research Programme (NRP) Symposium 2017. The NRP is an NTU outreach programme for Year 5 students from IP schools and 1st year JC students. The students will undertake nine months of research activities under the charge of an NTU faculty member. All the student participants at the NRP Symposium 2017 have to present their research findings to two independent assessors,one of which is me. 
I am really heartened to see so many young people interested in research! The project, NIE02 which I assessed was helmed by two intelligent gentlemen from two JCs. They gave a very good oral presentation of their project and were able to answer questions from the assessors. What really impressed me the most were their honesty about their mistake and how they failed forward. :) Truly inspiring. It was a really good learning experience for me too. After I have keyed in my assessment, I went back to chitchat with the two gentlemen and to learn about more about them and their project under less stressful situation for them lol. 
Thank you for the wonderful presentation! All the best for your A levels at the end of this year, Vu Hieu and Jun You.

No comments: